Florida Coronavirus Deaths Top 250
COVID-19 infections show no signs of slowing in Florida.
Monday evening’s report from the Florida Department of Health said 13,629 people have tested positive statewide. That’s an increase of 1,279 since Sunday evening.
The state death toll from the coronavirus now stands at 254; up 33 in the same period. There were two new deaths reported in Manatee County, and one in Polk.
Tampa Bay area positive tests as of 6 p.m. Monday, April 6:
- Hillsborough: 575 (560 local, 15 non-resident)
- Pinellas: 372 (339 local, 33 non-resident)
- Polk 180 (179 local, 1 non-resident)
- Sarasota 159 (145 local, 14 non-Sarasota residents)
- Manatee 145 (145 local)
- Pasco 114 (110 local, 4 non-Pasco resident)
- Hernando 48 (46 local, 2 non-Hernando resident)
Tampa Bay area hospitalizations:
- Hillsborough 91
- Pinellas 64
- Polk 61
- Sarasota 56
- Manatee 32
- Pasco 23
- Hernando 9
WUSF 89.7 depends on donors for the funding it takes to provide you the most trusted source of news and information here in town, across our state, and around the world. Support WUSF now by giving monthly, or make a one-time donation online at WUSF.org/give