WUSF Public Media is a division of the University Communications and Marketing department consisting of three strategic business units; WUSF 89.7, WSMR and IntellisMedia. WUSF Public Media serves the university by providing the community with news, information and entertainment programming that informs and enriches their daily lives and is engaged in educational work in the community. WUSF Public Media provides students with learning and personal growth opportunities through formal classes and internships and informal hands-on experiences.
Responsibilities: The Network Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, upkeep, running and managing of the IT system for WUSF Public Media. This person is also responsible for planning on an annual as well as strategic basis, for the equipment and software that WUSF will need to maintain its operations and be ready for future initiatives.
- Administers, operates, troubleshoots, and maintains servers and local area networks and assist users with the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and support of desktop IT hardware and software.
- Supports IntellisMedia projects such as Pasco County TV. Responsible for ongoing application, maintenance, and troubleshooting for Nielsen, Audio PPM, NewsBoss, Visual Traffic, NexGen, ProTrack and other programs specific to the broadcast industry. Provides all networking maintenance and troubleshooting, including firewalling and intrusion prevention.
- Provides budget strategy and execution on all WUSF servers, peripherals, PC’s, laptops, tablets, and maintenance contracts to ensure the highest level of reliability and return on investment. Maintains process control reporting, including licensure such as Sound Exchange and PCI compliance.
- Assists in transferring media to and from clients, other broadcast stations and agencies over the internet. Provides tech support for all WUSF meetings to insure their success. Works with departments when they hire and release employees, when they upgrade specialized software and in project planning. Outfits staff for computing success when they are off-campus or working from WUSF studios at USFSP or USFSM. Provides online streaming and serves as the primary contact for the WUSF audience for streaming. Works with WUSF web designer on servers and ensures web success.
- Provides telephone systems maintenance, troubleshoots and maintains database changes. Provides building access and security systems maintenance, troubleshooting and database changes.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or other field involving software and analytical training, or a Bachelor’s degree with no specific required field and one year of IT related work experience, OR a combination of 5 years of IT related work experience and validated training. Preparation for a relevant IT certification, validated through certification requirements and documentation of completion, is considered to be related training.
Preferred qualifications: Preferred experience with network administration, server support, desktop support.
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Department: 0-0662-000 / WUSF Public Media
Deadline Date: 11/18/2019