About Student Employment:
At the University of South Florida, approximately 66% of the available jobs for undergraduate students on campus are funded by USF departments. Additionally, there are another 17% funded by our on-campus affiliates such as the USF Bookstore (Barnes & Noble), USF Dining (Aramark), USF Telefund (RuffaloCody), etc. All currently enrolled students who are eligible to work in the United States are eligible to apply for postings in this job family. International Students may be eligible to apply depending upon their status. International Students are encouraged to visit the International Services offices to receive guidance prior to conducting an on-campus job search. The International Services’ website information on student employment is located here: http://global.usf.edu/is/cur-onCampus.php. On average, there are approximately fifteen applicants for every job. Students are encouraged to visit the Career Center for assistance with their job search in order to ensure they are as competitive as possible. To contact the Career Center, go to
http://www.usf.edu/career-services or call 813-974-2171.
Responsibilities: Assist in the Business office with the following:
- Entering Cash Receipts (CR’s) and Deposits
- Reconciling Foundation Fund 380008
- Weekly Cash Status Reports
- Foundation Check Requests (A/P)
- Monthly printing of USF General Ledgers
- Downloading and manipulating Foundation Ledgers
- Breaking down and filing reconciled ledgers
- Filing CR’s and deposits
- Other responsibilites as needed
- Student must be an Accounting, Finance or Business major and have some accounting coursework completed
- Must be in good academic standing (Minimum Institutional 2.5 GPA at all times)
- Must be actively enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours as an undergraduate degree seeking student or must be enrolled for a minimum of 4 credit hours as a post-baccalaureate student
- Must not be under current disciplinary probation, suspension or expulsion
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Department: 0-0662-000 / WUSF Public Media
Average Number of Hours per Week: Part-Time: 20 hrs/wk.
Hourly Wage: $10.00 to $12.00 per hour
Deadline Date: 11/18/2019
For additional questions please contact Widlande Gilbert at WGILBERT@wusf.org.