© 2024 All Rights reserved WUSF
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Carbon Monoxide Leak Sends Tampa Woman, Dog To Hospital

Cordoba and Beach Park Condos

A 32-year-old woman and her dog are recovering after they were found unresponsive in a Tampa condo building with high levels of carbon monoxide.

Media outlets report fire crews received a call at 4:30 a.m. Thursday regarding a carbon monoxide alarm at the Cordoba and Beach Park Condos. Crews arrived and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in an apartment building.

Police officers and firefighters went door-to-door to tell residents to evacuate. Responders forced their way inside one apartment where a response was not received. Inside, crews found a woman and her dog unresponsive.

The woman was taken to a local hospital and the dog is being cared for by a neighbor. Both are expected to survive.

Police say the carbon monoxide was caused by a resident leaving their car running in a garage

WUSF 89.7 depends on donors for the funding it takes to provide you the most trusted source of news and information here in town, across our state, and around the world. Support WUSF now by giving monthly, or make a one-time donation online.