-
On Monday, the Rays are scheduled to announce the firm that will oversee building the ballpark. Meantime, Hillsborough College President Ken Atwater says definitive agreements on financing could reach local officials within days.
-
City councilman Bill Carlson says he has a “win-win-win” stadium plan that can benefit Tampa and Rays fans and won’t use sales taxes or increase property taxes.
-
Bill Carlson says the Rays are receptive to his plan to cover Tampa's share of construction through new tax-increment revenue from the stadium district that would also seed a citywide infrastructure trust fund.
-
Bill Carlson says he learned of negotiated changes in the $976 million contribution during a meeting with Rays CEO Ken Babby, who recently opened individual discussions with council members.
-
Mayor Jane Castor says council members have been kept informed and explains her frustration was over last week's votes, but remains optimistic a deal can be done that maintains Tampa's role in the project.
-
CEO Ken Babby meets with councilman Bill Carlson a day after two contentious decisions by the council and CRA board. Meantime, Mayor Jane Castor rebuked council members, eliciting a sharp response from Carlson.
-
Council members removed a key vote from an August meeting on using $100 million from the Drew Park CRA for the stadium project, then halted a procedural transmission of land-use changes for state review.
-
City negotiations with the team and the county have been handled by officials on the mayor's staff. But some council members have expressed frustration with having to vote on a deal without having a seat at the table.
-
In an interview with the Tampa Bay Times, CEO Ken Babby says the economics behind the $2.3 project are settled after local approvals of a non-binding MOU, with the focus now on nailing down unresolved issues.